Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Values and Priorities



Day Nine:

Of the ten values what are five are most important and in what order?

  1. financial independence
  2. knowledge, wisdom
  3. acceptance
  4. education
  5. recognition
  6. Joy
  7. health
  8. friendship
  9. serenity
  10. my wife's love
  11. sobriety
Of those ten the top five and the ones I am most passionate about are:
  1. sobriety
  2. my wife's love
  3. financial independence
  4. health
  5. Joy
What do I want from writing Part 1?
Doing what I love and getting paid for it. That's the simple answer. I read a lot from a variety of sources and want to share that information.  Some of the information is self-help, some good advice, some weird, some just self protection or survival.

This country used to have just three TV channels and we shared a common experience when we watched.  The next morning we were all sharing about the night before's program.  We all saw the Beattles on Ed Sullivan or all saw JFK murdered.  The best example of that focus was the continuing coverage of 9/11.

Today the audience is splintered and on the internet we only tune in to news sources we agree with.  Thus we become polarized.  I'm trying to bridge that gap by encouraging my readers to share information and talk about it.  Hopefully, change minds.

Financial independence is important.  I want to make money writing and I want to write from a warm climate with my feet in the sand.  I want to share about my travels and travails and feel the joy I get when people read what I write.

What do I want from writing Part 2?
What are my top five benefits of writing for me?
  1. A "community" focus on my writing
  2. Getting paid for writing
  3. Financial independence
  4. Expressing my joy by writing
  5. Influencing others in a ethical way
Tomorrow: Three categories of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment