Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Attitudes And Values.

Day Eleven

The following statements are my attitudes and values concerning writing:
  • I like to express my feelings and ideas.  I enjoy the creative feeling.
  • I like to empower people with useful information.
  • I like to persuade people to take some action or to think differently.
  • I like to inspire people.
  • I Like to entertain people.
  • I like to help people to develop their abilities.
  • I love words and enjoy crafting readable sentences and paragraphs.
  • I like to tell stories.
  • I like seeing my name in print.
  • Writing should communicate some kind of message.
  • Writing feeds off and explains the culture war.
  • Writing forces me to know myself better.
If I prioritize  the list it would look like this:
  1. I like to express my feelings and ideas.  I enjoy the creative feeling.
  2. I like seeing my name in print.
  3. I love words and enjoy crafting readable sentences and paragraphs
  4. I like to tell stories.
  5. I Like to entertain people and know myself better.
  6. I like to empower people with useful information.
  7. I like to persuade people to take some action or to think differently.
  8. I feel compelled to write about what is happening in our culture.
Most people like to write what they read.  Here's what I read:
  • Tom Clancy types- an insight into current political thinking
  • Fiction - I enjoy the creativity and the well written sentences and character studies
  • Non-fiction - some insight into science, government economic policies, stock market and investing
  • Crime novels - I love the intricate plots of the whodunnit
  • Sci Fi - if it is not too weird.  I like stuff that is a glimpse into the future or poses a new paradigm
  • Stephen King types - I love his conversations
  • Some poetry because it requires one to strip out the excess
Next: Describe me the writer.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment