Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Three Types Of Writing



Day Ten:

Dave Trottier in "The Freelance Writer's Bible" describes the three categories of writing as:
  1. Commercial Writing - anything you write for business or an institution.  It pays the best money, BUT there is no byline
  2. Traditional Writing - what we normally think of as writing; novels, magazine articles, stories, screenplays, etc.  Pay is less than Commercial Writing unless you get fame and fortune.
  3. Entrepreneurial Writing - includes self-publishing. Rewards can be significant, but may require capital outlays.
Based on my values and goals Traditional Writing appeals to me and it aligns with what I want out of writing.

Tomorrow: My writing attitudes and values.

1 comment:

  1. I gravitate toward Entrepreneurial Writing; but would not discount Traditional Writing since I have done a little of that too.

    ReplyDelete